Creating a Windows dll in Linux?

Hello,

   I have a question in which I hope you can help.  I am trying to
   determine if it is possible to create a Windows dll in a Linux
   environment.  I have a great deal of C source code that is continually
   being developed in a Linux environment.  This code is compiled and
   linked using gcc.  Is it possible to create a Windows dll in Linux for
   this code?  Do I have to have a cross-compiler?  I was hoping to not
   have to compile the source code twice.  If I converted this code into a
   library (in Linux), are there tools available either for Linux or
   Windows that would convert the library to a Windows dll.  Any help (or
   insight) would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks,

   Mike