Configure GCC Help

Hi Special Help Team,

   I installed gcc-4.1.1 on my Linspire 5.0.  I read
and followed the User Level Documentation GCC
installation instruction.  But I did not know how to
do to set the CC in my environment.  Under GCC
Installation Confituration it said.

"Second, when configuring a native system, either cc
or gcc must be in your path or you must set CC in your
environment before running configure. Otherwise the
configuration scripts may fail"

So, what path should I set cc or gcc to point to.

Thanks

DN