MySQL Questions.

Hi guys,

I'm developing a C program from a MS-DOS Command window (Client side), and have to use MySQL to open up a database on the Unix server side and read a table. Although I've been programming in C for nearly 20 years, and have used MySQL in PHP scripting a while back, I have never had to use MySQL in a C program before. I'm having some issues compiling, but more than that, what I need is just sample program or an example program that I can draw from so I can also get passed any issues once I've compiled and start accessing the database on the unix server. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rob