Re: mmx/sse builtins

Brian Budge wrote:
A most excellent question.  I'd like to add my own on top of that:  It
appears that with 4.1.x, the xmmintrin.h, pmmintrin.h, etc... are
missing.  Will they be back?

If you mean you've noticed the tendency of gcc programmers to use alternates for code which requires data types from those headers when compiled with commercial compilers, I doubt the trend will reverse. As those headers appear in my gcc-4.2 installations, I don't think you mean you suspect they will be removed from gcc.