Re: LOTS of failures when making check for gfortran--is it Ok?

tobias.schlueter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
sean yang <seanatpurdue@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Fri, 23 Jun 2006:
I successfully compile a GCC4.0.2 with Fortran front end. I tried to
use it to compile some fortran programs, so far all of them work fine.

But the make check gave lots of failure. Is it tolerable to have
thousands of failure?

No, this means that something's broken in your build, and the compiler is probably not usable. Nevertheless, you may want to use at least gcc 4.1.1, as the gfortran that comes with gcc 4.0.x isn't really usable, even if the testsuite passes cleanly.

Regardless of version, testsuite will show unsatisfactory results if your build did not complete, for example if you didn't build libgfortran. But you have been ignoring plenty of questions on why you are trying to build this broken version, so I expect today's replies to be ignored as well.