Re: Installing gcc

Gunnar Sjoo kirjoitti:
Can anybody tell me how to install gcc? The instructions from gcc.gnu.org are absolutely impossible for me to understand. My operative system is Mandrake Linux 10.1
As the matter of fact the FSF "install" can mean "build"  or  "producing
from sources"...  This then comes from the assumption  about everyone
wanting to build from sources, never "installing" any binaries!  So every
person wanting Linux of course produces it from its pristine sources! And
never uses anything like your "Mandrake Linux 10.1", that is right from
the ass because it means installing prebuilt binaries!

After reading the previous you should understand what the basic idea is!

Ok, for all sanity it could be expected that "GCC for Linux" could be something
like "Mozilla Firefox for Linux", something which should work on every Linux
which meets the minimum specifications like "having glibc-2.2".  Or the C
library could come with the GCC, partly duplicating what people have in their '/lib' and '/usr/lib' as "runtime libraries"... Unfortunately this hasn't been the
case but every Linux distro comes with its own "custom" GCC, called "native
GCC", which cannot easily be copied from a Linux to another Linux....

So your best choice is to try find all the available "GCC" RPMS for Mandrake
and install one of these using the 'rpm' package manager....

Botelgubben

--
-----    PROMOCJA - 180 dni gratis!    -----
   12GB powierzhchni, konta e-mail b.o.,