From: Thomas Yeh <tomyeh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tprince@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:30:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: openmp support

I've tried a small test using the parallel for openmp pragma. The test
compiles but the performance looks similar to a serial version. Also, the
compiler complains when I use omp_set_num_threads and omp_get_num_threads.

Is there a flag I need to use when compiling?

-fopenmp
Tim Prince

There is a configure option --disable-libgomp. If that was set, you should see it by gcc -v. Not even all tested gcc targets are capable of building with libgomp. Otherwise, libgomp should be present:
[tim@tim_pd64 lib64]$ ls
libgcc_s.so           libgomp.so.1.0.0       libssp.la
libgcc_s.so.1         libgomp.spec           libssp_nonshared.a
libgfortran.a         libmudflap.a           libssp_nonshared.la
libgfortranbegin.a    libmudflap.la          libssp.so
libgfortranbegin.la   libmudflap.so          libssp.so.0
libgfortran.la        libmudflap.so.0        libssp.so.0.0.0
libgfortran.so        libmudflap.so.0.0.0    libstdc++.a
libgfortran.so.1      libmudflapth.a         libstdc++.la
libgfortran.so.1.0.0  libmudflapth.la        libstdc++.so
libgomp.a             libmudflapth.so        libstdc++.so.6
libgomp.la            libmudflapth.so.0      libstdc++.so.6.0.9
libgomp.so            libmudflapth.so.0.0.0  libsupc++.a
libgomp.so.1          libssp.a               libsupc++.la

Yes, there are lots of libraries in a fairly minimal build.