Re: clobbering input args in inline asm

Hi.

Andrew Haley wrote:
doesn't work", but rather "what does the "0" mean, when
put in the clobber list?"
It means nothing.
Well, the real reason why I wrote the message, was
that I suspected the bug. When I put "0" in clobber, gcc
eats it *unless* I have "a" in input list - then it complains.
Any other register class in input with "0" in clobber seem to
be accepted without a complain.
That looked very suspicious, but of course I couldn't fill up
the bug entry without knowing what exactly "0" means in the
clobber list. Now if it means *nothing*, then the bug is definitely
not there. I just wanted to be sure. :)

So, you already know this, but you want to know why.
Exactly, coupled with the fact that this thread:
http://lkml.org/lkml/1998/4/10/16
suggests that the better syntax was simply not found, which
itself looks very strange.

I suspect the simplest answer you're likely to get
If at all. ;) Thanks for your answers.