openmp in 4.2.0

Hello,
i am programming c++ with a multicore-mashine. So OpenMP seems very useful for me. So I installed the not yet released version 4.2.0 and it is working fine. Even the OpenMP-Samples from other platforms (icc) are compiling with the option -openmp without any problem. But unfortunatetly, it is not using different threads, so there is no use of the other cores. Is there a explanation how to use OpenMP with 4.2.0? My problem is, that icc is not compiling my cpp-programs, so I prefer to stay at gcc.
Thank you,
Stepha Ripke