Re: stdio.h: File not found?!?

Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:
Martin Krischik kirjoitti:

> I did not expect to need a mingw-runtime before the 2nd step (creating a
> --build=x86_64-suse-linux --host=mingw --target=mingw compiler)

Producing GCC requires a "complete C compiler".  The "ISO99 C compiler"
the "Prerequisites" in the "Installing GCC" talks about is something very weird
gibberish for most people.  Because GCC oneself cannot produce GCC, then
GCC isn't a "ISO99 C compiler" or how?

Why I took this here, is that the '--host=mingw --target=mingw' requires a complete C compiler for the '$host', here 'mingw'. Producing 'xgcc.exe', 'cc1.exe', 'collect2.exe' (maybe this doesn't succeed even now!) for MinGW host of course requires that the "C compiler can create executables" (a funny joke the GCC build told to the builder earlier, that "C compiler cannot create executables" - a fact when one talks about GCC,
but now this error message has bee changed to "Linking is not allowed after
GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES" or something....)

So the target C library is required already when producing a cross-GCC. Adding it later is not the rule... Also producing a native GCC requires the target C library being in '/lib', '/usr/lib', '/usr/include' etc. but people usually don't see anything weird in that... That the target C library is required when producing a cross GCC then seems to be something totally weird for many GCC builders. However just the same operations, fixincludes, compiling libgcc, libiberty, libstdc++, doing link tests with the target C library, will happen in both cases.... Maybe one's political attitude says that this is not right and it should be otherwise, but this is the reality just now. All nagging should
be sent to the GCC developers in order to get these operations removed :-)