Re: quick question

hmm, looking at that makes me think further. It does say my updated
idea would work, but them I'm stuck on another thought:

really, the initial pointers are always (void*) as they come from
malloc, will malloc always use the safest alignment for memory
creation, as it can be used for anything, or does it base it on
creation size?

And since the initial pointers are void, shouldn't the final product,
whatever type, be ok to point to them, as long as the final product
points to a properly aligned space?

Thanks,
-Jim