Re: gcc -mspe -misel

Hi Juergen:

As near as I can tell from the documentation, all of those options simply allow the compiler to generate the code, it won't necessarily do so unless you either write specific code, or you use a flag like - ftree-vectorize. Another possibility is that the compiler simply didn't find a location in the program where use of SPE options was practical/useful. I'd imagine that the automatic compiler use of these options is rather limited.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Blake