Help with c4x-linux-coff-gcc

I hope this is the right place to ask, this. If not, please point me to where the right place is.

I am trying to replace our old compiler for the TI C320C32 processor. GCC supports it in version 3.3.2, so I can get it to compile. The problem I am having is in convincing Code Composer (the debug environment) to understand the output of GCC. It will load the file, but it can't seem
to understand the symbol information.

Has anyone done this before? What were the GCC options to make it work? Are there other debug tools that Code Composer that will work with the TI C320C32?

Thanks

Kevin