Re: m88k in cross compilation

Palmax Maverick wrote:

 I want to cross compile to m88k from my x86 computer with GNU/Debian stable.
 I read your manual and I think that I have to compile gcc with
"--target=m88k" flag, because I don't find any debian package for do
it.

 Please elaborate :

1. What is the operating system if any on the m88k target system

2. If no opsys is related, what should be the wished object format:
   'aout', 'COFF', 'ELF' or what?

Answering to these could make your goal a little nearer, but in the
'gcc/config.gcc' you can see what (if anything any more) is available
as the 'targets' for the m88k CPU. The gcc-3.4.5 sources didn't know
the m88k CPU any more...

 You should look at the :

  http://badabada.org/os.html

for the question 1, maybe yours is one of these opsys'es...

 I'm a newbie in gcc compilations and I don't want to delete my basic
gcc installation, and I don't know how can I separate these 2
installations.

 The 'm88k-something' target GCC will be a cross-GCC, so there should
not be any problems with these things...