Installing g77 on Darwin

I'm running Darwin 8.3.0 (Mac OS X 10.4.3) and trying to install g77
3.4.5.

I managed to build g77 (after adding adding -lSystemStubs to LIB_SPEC
in gcc/config/darwin.h).

I did `--enable-languages=f77' during the configure phase because I
only want g77.

`make install' put the following executables in the bin directory:

cpp
g77
gcc
gccbug
gcov
powerpc-apple-darwin8.3.0-gcc
powerpc-apple-darwin8.3.0-gcc-3.4.5

In particular, it's given me cpp, a modified gcc, etc, but I think I
only want the g77 executable.

I already have gcc, cpp, etc, supporting c, c++, obj-c, obj-c++,
because gcc 3.3 and 4.0 come with Mac OS X.

Basically, I don't want any naming conflicts or unnecessary
executables, and need to know if there are any options to install the
minimal amount of executables and libraries necessary for a properly
functioning, but minimal, g77.  (I see there is a --disable-cpp option
for configure, but that's only for cpp.)  Should I just delete the
files I don't need?

What do you think I should do?

Thank you.