Re: Localization: problems with toupper/tolower transformations of latin characters.

Just noticed I did something silly. My input is UTF-8, so the latin
characters will be multibyte. The tolower/toupper had no way to know how
to handle it.

So I converted everything to wchar_t, and it worked for both versions.

A got a hint for the C++ version in libstdc++ list: I needed decoupling
the wcout from the underlying stdio (?? I guess that's what
'ios::sync_with_stdio(false);' does).

And in C one needs to use the w-functions: wcslen, wcscpy, towlower,
towupper.

thanks,

- jan

http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html