Re: Debugging line information missing ? (seperate build dir)

Mike Mattie <codermattie@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> GCC (3.3.6) fails  to generate debugging information when the object
> file is compiled in a directory seperate from the source tree (using
> autoconf/automake).
> The C pre-processor is able to find all the source files, so why is
> debug symbol generation crippled in this scenario ? If anyone could
> shed light on what
> is hanging up the compiler I would greatly appreciate it.

It is extremely unlikely that gcc does anything significantly
different based on where the source file is.

What are you doing to detect the problem?  For example, is the problem
that gdb does not display source file lines?  That may be a bug in gcc
or it may be a bug in gdb.

Ian