Preprocessing sources with missing dependancies

Hello,

  To perform static analysis on a bunch of C/C++ files, I am trying to
use GCC to pre-process them before feeding to the parser. The issue
here is that GCC insists that all header files pointed to should
exist. I understand that it may need some values from those header
files, but even in the case that header files do not have anything but
function declarations, it is not attempting to  pre-process the same.
Is there a way to ask gcc to do a best-effort pre-processing rather
than stopping on file existence checks?

  Is there any other method of pre -processing ISO C/C++ files with
graceful degradation?

Thanks,
P. Mehta