From: David Lamy-Charrier <david.lamy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to avoid Max Command line size on Windows
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:04:24 +0100

Hello,

I am using GCC on Windows XP Professionnal which has a limit on
command line size at 8192 Bytes.

Unfortunately, with a lot of include paths and defines on the compile
line and a lot of object files paths on the linker line, I reached
this 8 KB limit very easily.

So, I am wondering if there is a way to pass all arguments to GCC in a file ??
(I know that Microsoft cl.exe support this feature)

I saw the CPATH environment variable that I may use to specify the
include paths but it would not completely solve my problem (especially
for the linking stage)...

Did anyone of you already encounter (and solve ;-) ) this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
David

Bescherm je Inbox: Phishing - hoe te herkennen, rapporteren en voorkomen http://www.msn.be/security/phishing/