Re: Macro expansion: GCC 3.4.4

Daniel Berlin writes:
 > > GDB is GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.1post-1.20040607.43rh) but I get the same
 > > result with GDB from the CVS repository, which worked with an earlier GCC
 > > (3.2 something on Mandrake 9), so I'm pretty sure that the problem
 > > doesn't lie with GDB.

 > If you run readelf -wm on the executable, does it display your macro
 > somewhere?

It has the line:

 DW_MACINFO_define - lineno : 6 macro : NCR 4

 > If so, then we've put it in the debug info, and that's all we can do :)

Should that guarantee GDB will find it?  Does GDB just use readelf or the
same libraries?

I presumed this would be a known problem, thats why I didn't mail it to
gcc-bugs.  Of course, I could be doing something stupid, but I'm not really
doing anything - just using Fedora Core 3.

Nick