Re: F77 code under gcc

I would recommend to the package-wrapper folks to put a sym link named f77 alongside f90 & f95 & gfortran.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/04/05 01:31PM >>>
Hi all,

I may have missed something in this thread, but it does seem that the question
about F77 code with gfortran keeps popping up.  I think we need to revise the
documentation to explain the fact that f77 code is a subset of f90 and that it
is supported by gfortran completely, although we encourage people to move on
into f90/95 capabilities.

If no one else is already updating the documentation about this, I will take a
crack at it in the next week or so.

Jerry

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.