Re: Two-stage name lookup problem

The a of type A contains a B, which includes another a of type A which in turn includes a B...
I can't imagine this not being an infinite recursion at the data object creation level.

If B contains a pointer to an object of type A, then we should be OK.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> John Love-Jensen <eljay@xxxxxxxxx> 10/26/05 08:47AM >>>
Hi Jakub,

Your problem is not with templates.

Here's your problem in a nutshell...

struct A
{
    int x;

    struct B
    {
        A a;
    };
};

You cannot use A within B, because at that point A is incomplete.

You can pull B out of A.  If you want B to be in the A namespace, change
'struct A' to 'namespace A', and make 'struct A_impl', fully declared, and
then use that within 'struct B'.

HTH,
--Eljay

the system manager.