RE: g77

Hello, I am using a linux machine and am new to learning this OS.  I
have used gcc in the passed, and was under the assumption that the
version of Fedora that I partitioned came with g77 gnu, on it standard.
Typing 'g77' in the terminal however yields no results.  I am under the
new assumption that I must download a new gnu g77 compiler for my linux
OS.  Any help in locating the software and instructions on installing it
would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
-Ian

g77 has been retired and replaced with gfortran. if gfortran does not work for your code, you can install g77 from any of the gcc-3.X releases. These can be obtained in rpm format from the fedora download sites, or you can build g77 from
source avaliable from gcc.gnu.org.

to run gfortran, just enter "gfortran" just the same way you did "g77". There are differences in options and such, but there is a goof chance it will just work.

if this doesn't make sense, send me the version of Fedora you are running, and the
architecture, and i will e-mail you a link to an rpm that will work.

enjoy programming with the "one true programming language" !!

regards,
bud davis