Can't find main functions when calling from .so

What do I need to do to find a function in the main binary when making a call from a function in a shared library.
This is on unix in general specifically Linux.

Here is the setup

main.c -> main.exe
main(char**arv,int argc)
{
	load
}

void functionA()
{
}

main.h
void functionnA();

slib.c -> libslib.so
#include main.h
void callFunctionA()
{
    functionA();
}

If this is the wrong place for the question please let me know?

TIA.
--
Steve Pribyl
Steve AT NetFuel dot com