problem using gcc to compile and ld to link on Sun Solaris 9

Hii have some troubles using gcc to compile et ld to link on Sun Solaris 9.
I use to compile and link with gcc and everything was fine:COMP= gcc -ansi -Wall -ansi -pedantic -g –c <my .cpp's>LINK = gcc -G  $(LINKER_OPTIONS) -o libnativesgw.so <my.o's>
But now i need to use Purify on that, and Purify does not support theGNU linker, so i have to use the ld (the Solaris linker) instead ofgcc (which  invoke collect2) to link the shared library.I was also told to use the -fPIC options to produce positionindependent code for a shared lib.Here is how i compile and link now:COMP= gcc -fPIC -ansi -Wall -ansi -pedantic -g –c <my .cpp's>LINK = ld -G  $(LINKER_OPTIONS) -o libnativesgw.so <my.o's>
But when i try to run the prog that hits the library, it just crashesand give me a "core dumped"
So my question is: Have you ever encounter that? Do you know about anygcc (or ld) options that could make them happy?