Re: Unexpected File Name Too Long Error With #includes

Rob Hatcherson <rob.hatcherson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In my sort-of trivial test case - which is just a file that #include's
> the offending file - the command line is this for both the case that
> works and the case that doesn't:
>
> g++ -E \
> -IC:/WorkAreas/BuildOutput/ZedaSoft/Java/CBA/Domain/Physical/Plugin/Entity/F16/1.4.0/native/include
> \
> blah.cpp
>

> If the only thing in blah.cpp is this:
>
> #include
> "com/zedasoft/cba/plugin/entity/platform/air/fighter/f16/view/cockpit/hud/f16hudcore/F16Hud.h"
>
> Then I get this result:
>
> blah.cpp:3:104:
> com/zedasoft/cba/plugin/entity/platform/air/fighter/f16/view/cockpit/hud/f16hudcore/F16Hud.h:
> File name too long
> # 1 "blah.cpp"
> # 1 "<built-in>"
> # 1 "<command line>"
> # 1 "blah.cpp"

Thanks.  As far as I can see, this error is happening because the open
system call failed and set errno to some value.  When strerror was
called on that value, it returned "File name too long".  Presumably
the errno value is ENAMETOOLONG.

You might try running gcc with the -v option to see what the last
directory in the search path is, since it is presumably when using
that directory that ENAMETOOLONG is returned.

Otherwise I don't have any suggestions other than running it in the
debugger to see what the actual failing name is.

Ian