Re: Problem with list.

Hi Aseem,

>But, can I be sure that the memory assigned to 'a' in first place from heap has
been freed and if required by some other application it will be available with
kernel?

Using one of the strategies I described, yes, you can be sure.

Note:  one of the heap managers I wrote for my own diagnostic purposes NEVER
actually frees memory.  Memory just grows and grows and grows, until
eventually all memory is exhausted.  Not useful for a production
application, but sometimes useful for diagnostics and debugging certain
problems (via unit tests).

Sincerely,
--Eljay