app now core dumps when compiled with gcc 4.0.1

Hi!

I switched from gcc 3.4 to 4.0.1 on Solaris-9 64-bit and now my
application dumps core with a segementation fault.

I have compiled the application and its shared libraries using both
(4.0.1 and 3.4 with idential build/config options) and the
binaries/libs are very similar in size.

Basically, code in one shared library calls functions located in
another shared library.  Each shared library is loaded at runtime.
The location of the called function is determined at runtime using
dlsym() invoked from the main executable.  What I've found is that the
returned address is subtly different than the actual address.  I have
not changed any linker options.

I'm compiling with -fPIC -shared and have tried linking both with gcc
and with the system ld.

Any ideas where to look to resolve this?  I've googled and searched
the mailing lists to no avail.

Thanks,

Bobby