Re: Cross Compiler Unix - Windows

WHY are you resurrecting this discussion?

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 03:30:37PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote (after a 2+ week delay):
>On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Huh?  What does "Red Hat" have to do with anything?  "Red Hat" doesn't
>>provide the tools.  Cygwin is a volunteer effort.
>
>According to http://cygwin.com/license.html (and the link from there)
>Red Hat does provide tools for some set of users at least:
>
>Red Hat sells a special Cygwin License for customers who are unable to
>provide their application in open source code form.  For more
>information, please see: http://www.redhat.com/software/cygwin/

Uh, yeah.  I wonder who wrote those words.

Ok.  Yes.  Red Hat does sporadically and half-heartedly sell the Cygwin
tools.  However no one, prior to this had mentioned Red Hat.  We're in a
free-software forum which was talking about Cygwin so the correct
supposition is that we're not talking to the 2 Red Hat Cygwin customers
here.  We're talking to people who have accessed Cygwin via the
cygwin.com web site.  That site is maintained by volunteers (mainly me).
The software is provided free of charge from the cygwin site, not by
Red Hat, like any other free software project out there.

Conflating Red Hat policy with the free software distribution used by
99.9999999999% of cygwin users is not useful.

cgf