Re: Install help needed

> Hello,
>
>  I have just loaded SUSE Linux 9.3 onto an HP Pentium 4. I was now trying
> get gcc installed and am having difficulties. Do I need a c compiler in
> order to make gcc? If so where do I get that? I don't seem to find it on my
> installation.

Yes you need a working C compiler to compile gcc (and i think only gcc
can compile itself, others are not capable of doing it). So you can
install it (i mean gcc) using "yast". Just type in your console
"yast", choose the package, and get required cds... (At least i needed
when i installed it on SuSE Linux Enterprise linux 9.0)

Arturas M.