Re: gcc-3.4.3 build fails for i386 target

pnayak@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm trying to setup a cross compile environment on a GNU/Linux machine. I'm
> having trouble with glibc and gcc.  The gcc build fails.  I've described the
> process below. Please let me know if you know of a solution (other than
> crosstool).

Why not use crosstool?  It was intended to address exactly the sorts
of problems which you are running into.  Even if you don't want to use
crosstool for some reason, you should examine what it does.

> Also, there seem to be lot more make targets and/or options than described in
> the gcc/glibc manual. Are there any resources that document these as an
> alternative to going through the build scripts ?.

Not that I know of.

> The source tree does not have Makefile.am Is there any place I could get this to
> make life easier than deciphering the Makefile.in ?.

Most of the directories in the gcc tree don't use Makefile.am.  The
Makefile.in files are hand written.

Ian