Re: C++ header files not found after installing in a non standart path

Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe.ask@xxxxxx> writes:

> I installed my gcc-4.0.1 Version in a non standart path, since I don't want to
> destroy my system consistence that is build upon a gcc 3.3.5 compiler, but I
> want to do some experiments first with this new branch of development.
>
> Nothing works right if I don't specify -B $INSTPATH on the commandline, which
> is no problem but it would be nice to find a more packaged solution.  I don't
> understand anyway, why the compiler binary doesn't find it's subdirs where it
> is configured and installed with.

The -B option should not be necessary.  If you configure using
--prefix, and then run "make" and "make install", you should not need
to use -B when using the compiler.  I do it all the time.  I don't
know why it's not working for you.  Perhaps if you send more details
to the mailing list about precisely what you did, and precisely what
happened, somebody will see what is wrong.

Ian