Re: Linking on AIX

Actually though I am hoping for shared libraries but I am uncertain if they are actually being installed. During my build I do have a file named ./lib/.libs/libubic.so.0 that is created within my source directory.

However, I am trying to link to the libraries in the install directory outside this source directory. In the install directory I have lib/libubic.a and lib/libubic.la.

Did the shared component not get installed properly? i.e. should I expect the file libubic.so.0 to be installed along with libubic.a and libubuic.la? How can I tell whether the symbols are exported from the library?

Thanks,
John Ling

David Edelsohn wrote:
John Ling writes:

Does anyone know why and how I can get the compilation to read this
library?

	Is the library a shared library?  If so, are the symbols exported
from the library?

David