Re: Minimal gcc installation

Vijaya Kishore Idimadakala wrote:

>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>I am trying to compile a Hello World program on a
>board which has very small RAM (about 32MB). Hence I
>want a minimal version of gcc on the board.
>
>I would like to know if there is a minimal version of
>gcc that I can install on my board to get my programs
>running and if there is, any useful links to resources
>are greatly appreciated.
>
>Any suggestions and help is greatly greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day,
>Vijay

If this is obvious, I apologise, but do you realise that gcc is designed
so that the computer you compile ON and the computer you compile
programs FOR can be totally different? (For example, I use my mac to
compile programs for my Gameboy Advance, and also my Dreamcast. Neither
could run gcc themselves).