Installing gcc

 Hello,

             I am having trouble installing gcc on my Solaris 9 system. When
 I read the installation instructions, they state that one must designate the
 CC compiler in order for the configuration to work properly. I know that the
 " /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed " is an
 expected error message since there is no compiler installed with the Solaris
 system, but how does one get around it? In other words, in trying to build
 the gcc compiler I am being asked to supply a compiler. I realize that this
 has probably been asked many times in the past, but any suggestions as to
 how to complete the install would be greatly appreciated.

             Thank you for your time.

 DF