Re: Hi help me

Venkat Narayana <venkatnarayana.k@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     I want to compile the Gcc source code with my own arm compiler.For that
> i did two things :
>
> 1.Changed the CC environment variable to armcc(arm compiler)
> 2.During configuration i am specifying host=arm-*-coff.But it is not working.
> It is giving error as bad value -mcpu=swith (pentiumbro).
> How to change this ? What are the option do i need to specify while
> configuring ?

Please say precisely what you did and precisely what error message you
got.  Give the exact command lines and the exact messages printed.

I gather that you are trying to build gcc with a cross-compiler.  A
typical way to invoke configure in this scenario would be
    SRCDIR/configure --build=BUILDSYSTEM --host=HOST --target=TARGET

Here BUILDSYSTEM is the type of the system on which you are doing the
build.  This is what config.guess reports on your system.

HOST is where you want the resulting compiler to run.  You said
arm-coff (note that the string should be "arm-coff", not
"arm-*-coff").  But arm-coff is not a real host.  The real host has to
be some sort of Unix or Windows system.

TARGET is what you want the compiler to generate code for.  If you
want to build a native compiler, TARGET should be the same as HOST.

Ian