Re: multimap.clear() does not free its memory

Hi Toon -

The default allocator for the standard library (STL) stuff is
implementation dependent.  That means it won't necessarily use the
same memory pool as operator new.  Moreover, even within any given
pool, depending on the implementation, the implementor might decide to
allocate memory for different scenarios.

You'd probably have reasonable luck
allocating/deleting/allocating/deleting with operator new and/or the
stl's allocator, but not necessarily when you mix the two.

  Brian