Re: help me to install 3.2

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:18:59PM +0600, Nath wrote:
> Thanx for the reply.
> I downloaded gcc 3.2. Then according to your instruction, I made
> srcdir and objdir directories.
> The file structure as follws,
> /
>   root/
>       gcc_3.2/
>            srcdir/
>            objdir/
> Then copied all source files(unziped files) to srcdir.
> then goto objdir directory and run
> ../srcdir/configure

You might want to configure a special prefix directory instead of using the
default /usr/local because if you install the other version to a location
where it is in the system wide search path, you might run into trouble if you
build other software for this system with this compiler by accident.

> Then it configured well
> Then I run
> make bootstrap
> I gave follwing error massage and exit,
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/root/gcc_3.2/objdir/gcc/ada'
> gcc -c -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long    -W
> -Wall -gnatpg -gnata -I- -I. -I../../../srcsdir/gcc/ada
> ../../../srcsdir/gcc/ada/ada.ads
> fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
> missing line for parameter: Backend_Divide_Checks
> fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
> missing line for parameter: Backend_Overflow_Checks
> fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
> missing line for parameter: Fractional_Fixed_Ops
> compilation abandoned

Hmm, I am not that fimiliar with the ADA frontend. Do you need this frontend
for your purposes? If not it is most likely the best idea limiting the number
of built languages by the configure option --enable-languages to the set of
languages you actually need.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2214