RE: What can cause a "Memory fault"

I've never been able to get any compiler built on this AMD platform.  For bootstrap compiler, I've tried using another compiler I built on a 32-bit Linux platform (not this AMD platform), and I've also tried the compiler that was distributed with this AMD machine.

I haven't read a lot about bad RAM, but I had the impression that if you had bad RAM, your failures wouldn't be so predictable.  In my case, the failure happens predictably at the same spot every time (assuming I don't change the configuration).

How can I prove whether this is a memory problem?

Chris