Gcc help

>>>/*please forward to appropriate people, I tried gnu@xxxxxxx twice and
it doesnt work.*/

I have a G3 Powerbook with OS 10.3, and I tried installing GCC on it.
I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm following instructions as much
as possible.
When trying to configure, I got

line 2332: cc: command not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g  conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable cc to a working compiler.

I read in the archives that I need to install a pre-compiled binary of GCC.
However, I do not know where to find one.  I looked everywhere and the
closest I think I got was openpkg.com but I'm just lost there.
Please please help.
I'm desperate.  I need to be able to program again!
Thanks
Andre