Re: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)

"Marc Oude Kotte" <moudekotte@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks for your reply. I removed the .gch files, and to be sure added -H
> to get a list of all used header files. The list contained a whooping
> 557 header files for a single cpp file, but contained no gch files.
> Still gcc crashes with the exact same error. I then tried changing the
> exec-shield-randomize value, but to no avail. So I tried:
>
> - exec-shield-randomize = 1 and PCH
> - exec-shield-randomize = 1 and no PCH
> - exec-shield-randomize = 0 and PCH
> - exec-shield-randomize = 0 and no PCH
>
> but all failed... I guess I better add a bug to bugzilla, though I doubt
> if it's any use, since I cannot supply any source code (just a mention
> that it crashes). In the meantime, any other suggestions?

Oh.  If you can't supply the source code, then there is no point to
filing a bugzilla PR, and you are on your own.  You will have to try
to debug it yourself.  A segmentation fault could mean anything.  It
could even mean bad RAM in your system, though a bug in the compiler
is more likely.

Ian