verbose gcc compiler error explanation

Hi there,
I often encounter the problem, that I dont really know what to do, when my
gcc compiler gives me an error message while compiling a c++ programm.

Recently I got a "error: multiple types in one declaration"
And it took me a really long time to figure out that I just forgot a
semicolon after a class declaration.

Is there anywhere a more detailed explanaition of gcc error messages?
Maybe with a list of things i should check, when a certain error occurs?

Thanks,
Markus