GCC End User System Requirements

My employer is a commercial software vendor.  We use RHL 2.1.  We found first a bug in gcc, requiring us to upgrade gcc (to 3.2.3).  Apparently now there is a linker bug for which a debug build only works with binutils version 2.15.

I cannot find a "distribution" requirements page, nor can I find a clear enough system explanation of what works with what (e.g. gcc needs binutils, may use gdb for debug, etc).  We write both binaries and library products, so need to explain requirements to system admins and end users.  What system requirements does the end user have when we have to upgrade the gcc version to 3.2.3 on RHL 2.1?
- we expect the library customer has to have gcc 3.2.3 or greater and now the matching binutils 2.15.
- our binary end users have only needed compatible C++ Standard Runtime libraries installed.  Do they now need a \binutils upgrade?