Code Bloat using GCC 3.2 on Linux

Hi,

I have an application which is compiled using gcc 3.2 on linux.  The
problem is that the same application compiled on Windows using MS
VC.net is much smaller in size (about 1/2) than that on linux.  The
application uses mainly C++ code, has lots of exception handling and
templates.

I'm currently using the following options to compile my source files:
gcc -x c++ -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -ffloat-store -fno-inline
-Wno-multichar -fexceptions -mcpu=pentium

and the following for linking:
gcc -rdynamic -lm  -ldl -lpthread

I wish to know whether there are any gcc options that can be used to
combat the excessive code bloat using gcc on linux?  Why should the
same code have 1/2 the size on Windows?  What's the way to get the
MINIMUM possible size of an application using gcc 3.2 (even if it is
at the cost of some run-time performance)?

Any help would be highly useful.

TIA,
-Gaurav