RE: shared library exception problem!

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:39, Lev Assinovsky wrote:
> Hi Jeff!
> No I didn't run shared library constructor.
> What is it?
The shared library constructor is responsible for registering the
EH regions and running any static ctors for the shared library.

It's necessary to call the shared library constructor when using
dlopen on hpux.  I don't have an HPUX box running at the moment to
pull up any code.  But the basic idea is to

1. dlopen the library
2. Lookup the shared library's constuctor
3. Call the routine returned by #2.

The trick is you have to know the name of the shared library's
constructor routine.  I don't recall the format offhand, but it
does have a well defined format for the name and includes the
name of the library.

jeff