Re: Cross compile build problems

Brian Rose <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It seemed to be building libc at the time so that makes sense. I guess
> libc needs to have some sort of operating system defined?
>
> I tried building with newlib using the --with-newlib switch and I got
> the following error message...
>
>    error: storage size of 're_comp_buf' isn't known
>
> So maybe newlib will not run on a Coldfire processor? In any event, is
> there any way to tell the process not to compile any libraries? All of
> our software is custom written, so libraries are not really needed.

I don't know what sources you are using.  newlib is not part of gcc.
It is a separate package.  Depending on what sources you are using,
gcc is distributed with support libraries for C++, Fortran, Java, and
Ada.

You can compile just gcc by using 'make all-gcc'.  To install it, use
'make install-gcc'.

Ian