Writing a gcc vector tutorial..

I'm putting together a small tutorial on using vector types in GCC for a
bioinformatics group.  Does anyone know of anything similar - I've googled
aleady and found nothing really good.  Is this still the preferred way to
declare vector types?

  typedef struct {
    int __attribute__((mode(V4SI))) v;
    signed short i[4];
  } v4int;

Or is there a better way to declare them?

                                    Thanks,
										Patrick

--
"IBM uses what I like to call the 'hole-in-the-ground technique'
to destroy the competition..... IBM digs a big HOLE in the