gmon.out

Howdy,

I've been searching for a while with google to see if a similar topic
was discussed but I didn't find a good explanation. Here is my
problem. I would like when using the gprof( -pg option on the compile
line) to be able to dump the info generated into a file that has the
PID embedded somewhere in the name(something like gmon.out.2222 where
2222 is the process id for the program I am profiling). It is
particularly usefull when profiling MPI programs and you would like to
have individual traces for individual processes.

It is a fairly easy fix but I am wondering if there is a philosophical
issue that doesn't allow this to be included in the main branch of
gcc.

Most of the profile tools I know(valgrind, profile tools on IRIX)
attach the PID to the trace...

Thanks,
Gabi