Help needed to decide amount of stack space

Hi,

   I am stuck with a problem and need someone with reasonable
experience to guide me.

 We have developed a Custom DSP processor (16-bit, dual threaded) and
had a version of gcc ported onto it. Now, the firm that ported it,
limited the stack to 4k. We are planning to port an RTOS (ucLinux or
uCos) onto it and later develop some applications for VoIP and advanced
Wireless solutions in it. So, I want to know, if 4k of stack space is
sufficient for such programs.

Regards,
Sriharsha.