static instanciation in libraries stripped by the linker

I have a huge application, all its object files in a single library file due to
a bash limitation for command line size. This file is about 715 megabytes.

I link using the command:
    g++ -o myApplication mybiglib.a

and I obtains a single file of 2 megabytes.

This file only contains the loader for the application. Normally, this
application is instanciated by static parts, which seems to not be in the final
file.

Is the a way to ask to the linker to keep all this parts of the application, and
not losing it, like if I use a simple set of object files.

Jérôme Péquery.